Friday, February 12, 2010

Reworking the Medley

When it came to disco during the late seventies, extended medley's were just about as common as the 4/4 groove. I'm sure, like many of you I find that even on the best disco medleys, I tend to enjoy only about a half of the actual song. There always seemed to be a lot of unnecessary "musical pork" that would take emphasis away from the actual standout parts of the song. I've always thought, that for this reason, certain disco medleys would be worthy material for some great disco edits. This is exactly what San Francisco's Tres Lingerie has done with Quality/RFC Records' 1981 Startrax Medley. I recently met the duo that makes up Tres Lingerie at a recent club night I was deejaying, and they passed this funky edit over to me the next day. I've always wanted to hear someone try to tackle a disco medley like Startrax. I don't think it would be easy, yet on this edit, Tres Lingerie has shown that they were more than ready to tackle the challenge. Enjoy!

Startrax - Startrax Medley (Tres Lingerie Re-Edit)


Share on Facebook

No comments: