Thursday, July 26, 2007

Maneating Paradise

Have you ever wanted to hear what a Larry Levan edit of a Hall & Oates song would sound like? Well I've been asking myself that ever since becoming a fan of both (Yes, I like Hall & Oates). So you can imagine my excitement when I came across this unreleased (as far as I know) Levan mix of Hall & Oates 1982 pop classic "Maneater". I don't know when this edit exactly took place, fill free to fill me in if it has gotten an official release. Larry Levan did a solid job of slowing down the tempo a bit and really pushing the bass groove while extending the saxophone bridge. It sounds alot like what Rune Lindbaek might do if he was editing the track. Larry Levan tends to not dissapoint with his mixes, and here is a prime example of how he can take the song to new heights.

Hall & Oates - Maneater (Larry Levan Extended Mix)

Share on Facebook

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Nice, thank you for this... always good to hear LL's work.

aleFranch*n* said...

POSTCARD FROM ITALY:
You are my best disco pusher of the net!
Thanks
By

Metro said...

Thank you for this. What a great and simple intro.

When The Eagle Met The Wolf (Chicago)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, could you re-post the link, please? I'm curious to hear this, as the only versions I have are Hugh Padgham's mix (Album & Radio Edit) + John "Jellybean" Benitez's 12in Extended Mix. Many thanks :)